Rules and Offenses
– Respect all other members. People don’t always get along, but you can always avoid/ignore one another.
– Do not disrespect the Game Masters or Staff Members. You may find your account missing if you do.
– Harassment of any kind will not be tolerated.
– Use the forums to ask for technical help before posting in Discord. While we love our Discord channel, we can’t keep up with help requests as chat tends to get lost. The best way to keep track of support requests is by posting on the forum.
– Giving your password to anybody is entirely your responsibility. If anything happens to your account, the GM team is not responsible to restore you. On a similar note, you’re responsible for anyone on your account and/or IP address. We don’t care if your brother, neighbor, dor or brother’s neighbor’s dog was the one breaking rules, or being an assclown you’ll still take the fall when the IP / Account gets banned.
– For the love of everything sacred and holy, NO DRAMA. If you do not get along, stay away from one another. Whoever continues to harass, get a screenshot, and they’re banned. Should you both persist, all parties involved will be banned.
– You are expected to read announcements on the forums, especially those about bugs and such. Being caught doing something you didn’t know was a bug because you didn’t read the forums is not an acceptable or valid excuse.
– Do not ask to be a GM or Sub-GM. When we’re hiring, you’ll know.
Basic Game Rules
– Keep all Dead Branching / Bloody Branching & Abracadabra’ing to abandoned field maps. Please do not spawn hundreds of DB’s on popular novice / low level maps to ruin someones day. (Most of these maps have been flagged to not allow this, but in the off chance that a map hasn’t been marked, please submit a bug request.)
– No cheating or bug abusing of any kind. If you’re not sure if it’s a bug, report it anyway.
– Botting will result in a big fat IP, & Mac ID ban.
– AFK Leveling tricks that let you gain exp or items while not at the computer (for example, involving geographers or autocast card combinations or Homunculi) of any kind are considered psuedobotting and will result in the same penalty as botting. If you don’t respond within 60 seconds, you will be issued one warning, second offenses will result in a ban. This does not include party leeching, which is OK.
– You MUST report anyone you know that is in violation of any of these rules.
– PKing IS permitted in the PvP arena.
Breaking the following rules will result in disciplinary action UP TO the character being temporarily jailed. Repeat offenses will be handled with more severe punishment.
* Blocking NPCs:
Vending and Chat Rooms are not allowed to block NPCs on any map. Blocking NPCs is defined as “placing a Chat Room or Vending character within 4 cells of any NPC.”
* Talking in different languages:
Our server is English-based, although we welcome everyone internationally we strongly advise you to use “English” in main chat. If we see you talking in other languages we will give you a warning. Upon failing to comply will result the player in being muted for 30 minute, second offense will add additional 30 minute to the previous offense. Repeating the third time, will send you to jail and muted for 3 hours.
Spamming skills or text is not allowed.
“Skill spam” is defined as “repeatedly casting skills with no purpose other than being an annoyance or distraction.” An example of this would be repeatedly casting True Sight in town in spite of the fact it serves no purpose after the first time.
“Text spam” is defined as “overflowing the chat window with at least five messages which are the same or similar and serves to be annoying or distracting.”
Breaking the following rules will result in disciplinary action UP TO the user’s account being temporarily banned. Repeat offenses will be handled with more severe punishment.
* Leeching Survival Arena:
Leeching Survival Arena is defined as “noticeably doing very little or nothing to assist the team effort in achieving victory in Survival Arena.” On each offense, the offending character will be removed from the Survival Arena if reported while Survival Arena is still in progress.
* Kill Stealing:
Kill Stealing is defined as “attacking a monster that is either pursuing/attacking another player or is being attacked by another player.” Taming a monster, using a Pokeball or otherwise, will be considered Kill Stealing. To minimize occurrences of this offense, players are encouraged to take advantage of the @noks command. However, if a player does not use @noks, it does NOT mean it’s okay to attack their monsters.
All Boss monsters summoned via Abra / Bloody Branches or by any other means are considered Free for All and do not fall under the Kill Stealing protection rule. If you would like to keep your MVP’s private, please rent a DB room.
Harassment is defined as “seeking to insult or disturb another player while on the server.” If you’re in doubt about what you’re doing and think it may be considered harassment, it is best to err on the side of caution. Instances of harassment reports will be dealt with on a case-to-case basis at enforcement discretion. Examples of Harassment include repeatedly attempting to continue speaking to or bothering another player after they have made it clear to you that they don’t wish to talk to you, and intentionally evading measures such as /ex. Note that being killed on a PVP map is not considered harassment.
Griefing is defined as “Purposefully shooting or otherwise sabotaging your teammates in an online game.” In Battlegrounds and Draft WoE, any player reported and found guilty of griefing their teammates will be punished. Depending on the severity and number of offenses, the player can ultimately end up being banned completely from the PVP Minigames completely.
Breaking the following rules will result in all related accounts being permanently blocked. Repeated offenses will result in all related accounts being blocked in addition to a block of the user’s IP address and any future accounts.
Botting is defined as “proven use of third party technology that gives an unfair advantage over other players.” If a player is found running multiple bots at the same time, it will be counted as multiple offenses, even if it’s the first time being caught.
* Staff Impersonation:
Staff Impersonation is defined as “attempting to impersonate the CakeRO Staff.” This includes impersonating the CakeRO Staff guild, pretending to be a specific staff member, and use of character names that include “GM” as a title.
* Slander & False Information
Never make statements for a GM. You may never misinform players by pretending a GM said something. Spreading false information hurts the integrity of the server, and false information is toxic. This also includes spreading baseless accusations against Game Masters.
* Bug Abuse/Exploitation:
Bug Abuse/Exploitation is defined as “intentional use of in-game errors in any skill, NPC, or item script to generate results which give a player a distinct advantage unintended by the staff, or intentionally withholding knowledge of such an issue from the staff.” This includes generating extra items or zeny, or using equipment/skills in a manner which will cause such an error. Any errors should be reported to the staff immediately, either under Bug Reports or Special Requests, depending on the nature of the bug. Depending on the severity of the exploit, the player may be jailed, temporarily banned, have their items/accounts wiped, or permanently blocked.
Scamming is defined as “using deception in order to obtain a person’s items, zeny, or accounts.” This includes pretending to be someone else that the other player would normally trust and then asking for their items/zeny or account information. Players should take note that the staff will not track down items lost in a scam, so please be responsible with your items and accounts.
* General Malicious/Inappropriate Behavior:
If the administration feels that a player is demonstrating malicious or inappropriate behavior on the server, then the administration reserves the right to punish the player as they see fit. Also note that committing an offense to an excessive point may be deemed as committing multiple offenses and the punishment will be more severe, decided at the discretion of the staff.
* Inappropriate Names
You are in no way shape or form allowed to create either a character or forum name that can be taken inappropriately, or offensive. Any such name will be given a warning, and altered immediately. Second offenses will result in a ban.
Harassment of any kind if strictly prohibited. Personal attacks on another player is down right cruel and unncessary. CakeRO is a place for all players to come together and have a good time, and not a place that enforces bullying and nonsense. The punishment for harassment is up to the discretion of the staff. Note: Playful Rivalry =/= Harassment. The definition of Harassment is as follows: 1. to disturb persistently; torment, as with troubles or cares; bother continually; pester; persecute. 2. to trouble by repeated attacks, incursions, etc., as in war or hostilities; harry; raid. 3. personally attack someone’s character, well being, health, or otherwise.
Any chargebacks on CakeRO Donation Credits via Paypal or Stripe will result in account suspension. If you wish to have your account placed back in good standing, please remove the dispute / chargeback if the case has not been decided yet, or re-send the original payment for the CakeRO Donation Credits you received.
Miscellaneous / Terms of Service
– All data (accounts, characters, items and otherwise) are and remain the property of Cake Ragnarok Online Administration.
– Cake Ragnarok Online Administration reserve the right to remove access to any such data without warning as it sees fit, especially upon the non-adherance to aformentioned rules. This includes but is not limited to the banning of a game account.
– Cake Ragnarok Online Administration also reserves the right to modify data as it sees fit, including but not limited to the editing of item stats, access to items, and mob stats.
– Any donations received are to show appreciation for services rendered by the Administration and to help with costs, not rewards for themselves. Any and all rewards created from said donation, as with all other data, remain the property of Cake Ragnarok Online Administration.
– Unauthorized access to server databases is a criminal offense and will be dealt with accordingly. The same applies to the use of exploits to gain access or to modify any data for which you are not cleared to view or modify.
– Creating an account or continuing usage of an existing account signifies that you have read, understood, and agree to adhere to ALL rules and regulations listed.
Server Rules may be subjected for updates from time to time accordingly if there are new kinds of abuse or rule breaking. Also keep in mind rules are meant to be as comprehensive as possible, and may include rulings regarding features not yet implemented.
By creating an account and logging into CakeRO, you are hereby agreeing to the terms listed above.
Updated August 21, 2020